The UCLA International Institute is pleased to announce the Mudie-Glaser Scholarship which will provide scholarships to UCLA students who have applied to study abroad at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel. For the 2016-17 academic year, scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000.
The Mudie-Glaser Scholarship is designed for UCLA students from any academic background who wish to gain first-hand knowledge of Israel and its citizens and to share their experience with others upon return to UCLA. This scholarship is made possible by a generous gift from Patricia Glaser and Samuel Mudie, who wish to encourage students of diverse backgrounds to study abroad in Israel.
- Full-time UCLA undergraduate student willing to complete a service requirement upon return
- Applicant must be attending a UCEAP Program in Israel at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of application
Please note that these scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants in their third year who plan to spend a significant amount of time back at UCLA upon returning from Israel. Preference will also be given to students who do not have significant prior experience living or studying in Israel. This is commonly defined as travel not exceeding a period four weeks in Israel.
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2017 for students attending programs beginning in summer 2017, fall 2017, or academic year 2017-18.
- Complete the online scholarship application here.
- Upload an electronic copy of a letter of reference.
Applications will be reviewed by the Mudie-Glaser Scholarship Committee. Award announcements will be made in May 2016, for students attending programs beginning in fall 2016.