Undergraduate Students

Welcome to the registration site for non-UC study abroad. Undergraduate students who choose to participate in a non-UC program must register their program with the International Education Office. This will allow students to receive approval for a leave of absence and avoid paying the UCLA re-admission fee.

You should only register once you have been formally accepted by a Non-UC program. By registering, you are applying for a leave of absence from UCLA. To register your program you will need:

  1. A letter of acceptance or an email from the program confirming acceptance in PDF format.
  2. Copies of course descriptions or syllabi in PDF format. Please keep in mind that course transferability cannot be guaranteed for non-UC programs, and an official transcript will need to be reviewed by Admissions upon completion of the program.
  3. A copy of your passport (pages with photo and signature) in JPEG format.
  4. An emergency contact.

Please register your program with the International Education Office today. Students are encouraged to register as soon as they are accepted to a non-UC program. Students who haven’t yet received a Planned Academic Leave (PAL) will see tuition charges on their BAR account. These charges will be reversed once the PAL is granted. To avoid tuition charges, students should apply early for PAL.

Registered students can update their application online.

Graduate Students

Please consult with the Graduate Division to determine if there are any requirements when attending a non-UC study abroad program. The International Education Office would still like to know where you are studying abroad. Let us know what program you are participating in and what dates you will be abroad.