UK Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship
The International Institute is pleased to announce the UK Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship. The Fund was established in 2014 and its growth is one of the priorities of the UCLA European Centennial Campaign Committee. Mr. Jonathan Fragodt '91 has been instrumental in setting the fund up and has been joined by many generous donors since. This year, the scholarship will provide five $1,800 scholarships for UCLA students from any academic background, to support their studies in UC study abroad programs in the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be a UCLA student attending any UCEAP in England or Scotland, or any UCLA Travel Study program in England for at least one academic term (i.e. summer, quarter, semester or year abroad);
- Applicants should not have previously studied abroad nor have significant foreign travel experience;
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum 3.5 GPA at the time of application;
- Applicants must be financial aid recipients at UCLA.
Please note that these scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate that the experience of studying abroad will have great impact both academically and personally.
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2017 at 11:59pm for students attending programs beginning in summer 2017, fall 2017, or academic year 2017-18.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Upload a copy of your most recent Financial Aid Notification letter.
Applications will be reviewed by the UCLA IEO Scholarship Committee. Applicants will be notified of decisions in April 2016.